This seeding kit was produced to support the launch of the adidas Originals x Sean Wotherspoon ZX8000 sneaker collaboration.
Creative agency U-Dox challenged us to bring the campaign’s core message of sustainability to life; through intelligent selection of materials and processes, we created an influencer experience that conveyed the product’s key campaign themes to audiences around the world, minimised environmental impact and encouraged behaviour change in line with the 3R’s: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle.
Like the product, this project had environmental responsibility and behaviour change at its core – in keeping with Sean’s novel approach to the recycling and reuse of fabrics in his modern take on streetwear.
Our solution centred on the innovative use of materials and processes. We reduced the use of virgin materials throughout; all printing processes made use of natural, soy-based inks. The embroidery on the tote bag is the result of a unique modification to the machinery, which allows the stitching to reach the very edge of the bag and create the ‘roots’ of the flower design.
For each seeding kit, we produced:
– Screen-printed upcycled vintage adidas garment, hand-picked by Sean Wotherspoon
– Organic cotton SuperEarth tote bag, with embroidered flowers
– Iron-on patches for maximum customisation
– Origami dodecahedron map, printed on FSC-accredited paper
– Solvent- and PVC-free glue stick
– Screen-printed cardboard transit box, made with 40% PCW
– Bespoke rubber stamp and vegan-friendly, non-toxic, acid-free ink pad
– Reusable aluminium water bottle, provided by Klean Kanteen
Similar brief? Want to find out more about how we did it? Simply get in touch.